The return contract
During your interview with the Danish Return Agency you will be asked to enter into a return contract with the Agency.
The purpose of the contract is to prepare your departure.
Your rights and obligations will be incorporated into the contract and may include the following points:
- Your participation in interviews with the Danish Return Agency
- How you must help with obtaining travel documents and establishing your identity
- Your obligation to leave Denmark at the first possible opportunity
- Your options for being granted repatriation support
- Your options for participating in such activities as activation and educational programmes
The return contract may also contain information about other matters, for example, the possibility of having the departure deadline postponed, of having flight ticket expenses covered and of taking your pet with you.
The Danish Return Agency may extend your departure deadline if you cooperate with the authorities on your departure, thus allowing you to retain your right to stay in Denmark while your return is planned.
You thus retain your right to stay in the country if your departure deadline is extended as a result of your cooperation.
The return contract will be continually reviewed and must be signed by both you and a Danish Return Agency staff member.
You may also be ordered to enter into a return contract if you do not cooperate with the authorities on your departure from Denmark.